PARISTHITHI POSHINI 2015-16 last date 20.09.2015
Invites proposal for Comprehensive Waste Management scheme
State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority
- EIA Notification 2006
- Constitution of SEIAA & SEAC Govt. of India notification.
- Constitution of SEIAA & SEAC Govt. of Kerala notification
- Secretariat of SEIAA & SEAC
Bhoomithrasena Clubs (Scheme Details)
The Department of Environment and Climate Change (DoECC) under Environment Department was constituted in December 2010 to encourage and promote environment and Climate Change related activities in the Kerala as per G.O.(Ms.) No.06/2010/Envt dated 18.12.2010 and the existing Environment Management Agency, Kerala is declared as the Directorate of Environment and Climate Change under the Environment Department, Government of Kerala.
- Take up State level environmental development programmes and implement them in collaboration with appropriate agencies.
- Take up State level developmental programmes (Plan, Non Plan, Externally aided, Centrally Sponsored Schemes etc.)
- Activities related to National Action Plan on Climate Change.
- Exercise administrative control of all environmentally related institutes being established in the State.
- Investigate and take appropriate action on complaints related to Environment (Protection) Act 1986.
- Conduct environmental appraisal at planning level related to the development schemes of the State Government.
- Scrutinize the environment related proposals prepared by Government/ non Governmental organizations.
- Involve in various environmental technology activities of Local Self Government institutions, information on environmental technologies and develop a database system.
- The Department shall also be the nodal Department to co ordinate with other departments on matters related with Environment, awareness generation, Climate Change management etc.